Rockstar has announced that the beta for Red Dead Online is ready to roll starting Tuesday, November 27th for those who own the Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition. Players can head into the online multiplayer version starting at 5:30 am Pacific / 7:30 am Eastern.
Throughout the balance of the week, owners of other editions of the game, with it fully open to all by Friday. Check when you will gain access below:
- Wednesday, November 28: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to Rockstar data.
- Thursday, November 29: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to Rockstar data.
- Friday, November 30: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.
“During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated and amazing community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.”
Here's what we know about the Red Dead Online beta so far:
- Red Dead Online will support up to 32-players in both cooperative and competitive modes
- Players can form posses of up to 8
- There are a number of activities to participate in including fishing, hunting and camping
- Play cooperative missions with others
- Take on enemy gangs and posses