Wired has a new interview with Sony lead architect Mark Cerny who provides the world with a few details about the PlayStation 5. Studios are, in fact, already working with PS5 architecture to create their games, though the new next-gen Sony console won't be out in 2019.
- it will feature an AMD chip with a custom 3D audio unit at the core
- a CPU based on AMD Ryzen's third generation
- custom variant of Radeon Navi with ray tracing
- 8 cores of "7nm Zen 2 micro-architecture"
- a specialized SSD that has "raw bandwidth higher than any PC SSD" currently available
- 8K graphics support
- physical media
- backwards compatible with PS4 games
- it will support PSVR