With Ghostwire: Tokyo set to release on March 25th, we now have the Ghostwire: Tokyo review embargo details to share with you.
The review embargo for Ghostwire: Tokyo is set for March 21st at 6:00 a.m. PDT. Head over to the Ghostwire: Tokyo page after that time for all of the latest Ghostwire: Tokyo reviews from outlets!
Ghostwire: Tokyo is the latest game from Tango Gameworks, known for their previous titles The Evil Within (73 OC Rating), and The Evil Within 2 (80 OC Rating). Ghostwire: Tokyo is an action adventure game, played in the first person perspective. The game's combat director has described the combat as "karate meets magic." In Ghostwire: Tokyo, nearly all of the citizens of Tokyo have vanished and spirits known as "visitors" have invaded the city. You'll play as Akito, who is possessed by a spirit detective named KK. With his newfound supernatural powers, Akito will fight spirits across Tokyo as he unravels the mystery as to what happened and why.
A number of outlets have released Ghostwire: Tokyo previews ahead of launch, which you can read below:
- IGN - "A glance at Ghostwire: Tokyo’s game map might make it seem like just another icon-strewn open world adventure, but its ominous atmosphere and unique paranormal encounters give it an allure unlike any other."
- GameInformer - "Developer Tango Gameworks' open-world environments are as ambitious as they are unsettling, as twisting hallways and shifting rooms give way to dreadful encounters with Yōkai – wayward spirits inspired by Japanese folklore."
- Gamespot - "Whether its anomalous combat is engaging enough to sustain an entire game remains to be seen, but after playing through Ghostwire: Tokyo's first two chapters, the early promise is certainly there."
- Ars Technica - "the 28 minutes I've reviewed exceeded all of my expectations"
- CGMagonline - "I have every confidence that Ghostwire: Tokyo will be worth the wait"
- USA Today - "Ghostwire Tokyo is unlike anything else I’ve seen before, and I can’t wait to put in a proper shift with it."
- TechRaptor - "GhostWire: Tokyo really feels like it can bring something new to the table, and we can't wait to play the full version of the game."
Ghostwire: Tokyo releases on March 25th, 2022 for PC, and Playstation 5.