After a year hiatus, the OpenCritic Weekly Recap is kicking back off with a brand new host, Samuel Adams of the Jampack Report.
You can listen to the episode on anywhere you get your podcasts:
This week's episode digs into the wild ride of GameStop stocks, sharing the high-level story of how it happened behind the scenes while digging into the rest of the largest stories of the week in the gaming industry.
Here's a full list of this week's topics:
- The Medium reviews drop, earning a Strong rating on OpenCritic
- GameStop's Reddit-fueled Wall Street rollercoaster
- Microsoft's Q2 earnings report highlights Xbox success
- Capcom hits all-time high profits in their earnings report
- Xbox announces Xbox Live Gold price hike and retracts it within 24 hours due to backlash
- IO Interactive shares more on 007 development and the future of their studio
- A new KOTOR is reportedly in development outside of Electronic Arts
- Vicarious Visions is absorbed into Blizzard
- Warner Bros. games will have a "heavy focus on live service"
- The Last of Us, Part II has the most Game of the Year awards of any game in history
- PlayStation Plus games for February announced