Update August 18th:
The reviews have arrived! Soul Hackers 2 is starting out strong. See all the reviews here.
With Soul Hackers 2 set to release on August 26th, we now have the Soul Hackers 2 review embargo details to share with you, and you won't be waiting long!
The review embargo for Soul Hackers 2 is set for August 18th at 7:00 a.m. PST. Head over to the Soul Hackers 2 page after that time for all of the latest reviews!
Soul Hackers 2 is the latest game from Atlus and is the sequel to the 1997 title "Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers" released on Sega Saturn, Playstation, and later Nintendo 3DS in 2012. Soul Hackers 2 is the fifth installment of the Devil Summoner subseries, which is part of the Shin Megami Tensei series.
Soul Hackers 2 takes place in the 21st century, and takes place during a war between the Yatagarasu and the Phantom Society, which are two factions of Devil Summoners. In the game, the story follows two supernatural beings named Ringo and Figue, who come to the human world from the data stream, with the goal of averting a cataclysmic ending to the war. Here's the key features that ATLUS shares about the game:
- Investigate the end of the world as Ringo, an agent of Aion tasked with saving humanity from an apocalypse.
- Explore a supernatural RPG with stylish summoners and dark dangers lurking under the neon lights of a cyberpunk Japan.
- Amass demons and unlock fusion combinations to create new, stronger demon allies, using their lethal abilities for incredible assaults on your foes.
- Strengthen the bonds with your teammates and dive deeper into their souls, reliving their last adventures and discovering the truth of their stories and yours.
A number of outlets have released Soul Hackers 2 previews ahead of launch, which you can read below:
- TheGamer - "It has enough in common with Persona to tempt fans and keep them happy, while still making its own mark with new mechanics and its refreshing cyberpunk style."
- Siliconera - "Soul Hackers 2 feels like the best of both worlds so far. It has enough story content and character intrigue to keep an average JRPG fan interested, but with just the right level of challenge to potentially satisfy a veteran Shin Megami Tensei player"
- NME - "I only spent a brief time playing Soul Hackers 2, but it already felt like it had the depth and polish of a JPRG players could easily devote their time to."
- Inverse - "I could have happily played this for hours, and my 30-minute demo definitely left me eager to see more."
Soul Hackers 2 releases worldwide on August 26th, 2022 for PC, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.