Koch Media is getting things started with E3 week by announcing a brand-new publishing label under the company banner. Introducing Prime Matter, Koch's newest brand featuring more than a dozen games already announced right out of the gate, including some fan-favorites like Payday 3, a new Painkiller, and lots of new IP. Here are all the games announced to be published by Prime Matter.
- Payday 3: the co-op heist shooter previously announced, then nearly canceled, now back from the brink for another go at the
- Crossfire: Legion: an RTS spin on one of the world's most popular shooter series. Legion comes from Blackbird Interactive.
- Painkiller: the Prime Matter team didn't have much to say about this one just yet, as it's very early in development, but they wanted to get people excited for this Saber Interactive project.
- Scars Above: from Mad Head Games, this is a "dark sci-fi action-adventure that sees a lone protagonist having to survive on a hostile nightmare world."
- Codename Final Form: this Polish game operates under a working title for now, but is a futuristic FPS about a Valkyrie saving the world from extinction.
- Gungrave G.O.R.E: Fans may be familiar with Gungrave already. This sequel proves the series is still over-the-top.
- Dolmen: from the team at Massive Work Studio, this soulslike combines sci-fi weaponry with Lovecraftian horror
- The Last Oricru: this third-person action-RPG blends fantasy and history in an almost Song of Ice and Fire way but with science fiction thrown into the mix too.
- Echoes of the End: this one is called a story-driven single-player action-adventure game. It's a brand new IP, like much else coming from Prime Matter today.
- The Chant (working title): horror fans will get their fix from Prime Matter's eclectic launch lineup too. This one looked a bit like Fatal Frame, so it may appeal to classic survival horror fans.
- Encased: almost right out of a King novel, this one is about a "mission to discover the secrets hidden underneath mysterious dome."
- King's Bounty 2: the sequel to the popular RPG series is launching soon on August 24 for consoles and PC via Prime Matter.
The Koch Media Group is now running five publishing labels with the reveal of Prime Matter. Also under the company banner are Deep Silver, Milestone, Vertigo, and Ravenscourt.
"Prime Matter is a new home for premium games, offering both current and future partners the expertise of the Koch Media Group alongside a new and dynamic team dedicated to maximizing their true potential," said Koch Media's CEO Klemens Kundratitz. "The core of the video games industry is, of course, entertainment. Prime Matter will constantly look to innovate and inspire players across all its activities while retaining the fundamental values of what makes our industry so special - it's intrinsically fun."
Gamers can look forward to more on each of these games during the Koch Media E3 event, Koch Primetime, happening tomorrow at noon PT / 3PM ET.