Red Dead Redemption 2 is out the gate and setting records as it goes. Not only has the game sold over $725M worth of copies of the game, but it is now recognized as the "biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases".
Other notable numbers from the press announcement:
- second biggest launch in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases
- biggest entertainment launch in 2018
- most pre-ordered game ever on PSN
- biggest day one full game sales ever on PSN
- biggest first three day full game sales ever on PSN
An epic tale of honor and loyalty set in the dying days of the outlaw age, Red Dead Redemption 2 follows Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. Following a botched robbery in the western town of Blackwater, the gang is forced to flee and, with federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, leaving Arthur to make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.
Check out the Red Dead Redemption 2 site.