Top Critic Average
Genres: Roguelike, Action
- Enjoy a thrilling plot either alone or with a buddy in a Story Mode. Become a part of an explosive adventure happening in charming and surprising levels. Shoot, blast, zap and disintegrate your way through creepy creatures, solo or in co-op!
- Compete with your friends in a Tournament Mode for up to 4 local players and find out who’s The King on a battlefield fueled with mad rules for cheerful gatherings;
- Discover cool weapons and abilities but beware the powerful artifacts, you will be tempted to grab them but they will make you suffer;
- Choose from 8 completely different playable bird characters. Each with its own unique abilities, so pick up the one that matches your playthrough style best;
- Dig into details by reading all about the particularities and statistics of the characters, items, enemies, and abilities you discovered;
- Play. Die. Repeat! Randomly generated levels and loot drops make every playthrough different. A special “Seeded” mode also allows you to restart an adventure with identical settings if you wish so.
Blazing Beaks Trailer
Blazing Beaks joins some of the best ingredients of the roguelike formula and tops it with a marvelous art style, multiplayer (up to four players) and responsive controls. Overall its players will find an involving adventure that never feels repetitive and which has something for everyone.
Review in Portuguese | Read full review
Blazing Beaks is a lot of things, all at once, splitting focus between a rogue-lite Story mode and twin-stick local multiplayer shenanigans. Neither mode is perfect, and there might be stronger options available if you're only interested in one of these genres, but there's an astonishing level of replay value here, across the board. You'd be quackers to miss it.
Blazing Beaks is one of the Switch's hidden eShop gems. Regardless of the potentially steep learning curve, the game always leads to lots of laughs. It's best played with a group of friends to get the most enjoyment out of all the content that the game has to offer. If Blazing Beaks even remotely catches your eye, it is well worth a purchase.