Project Nimbus: Complete Edition
Top Critic Average
Genres: Action, Vehicle Combat
Engage enemy units with various weapons and defeat huge bosses and unique ace pilots!
Fly the skies with 360 degrees of freedom, and battle enemies with a variety of weapons and techniques, from smart missiles to the blade charge.
Experience the battle as a young ace pilot destined for legendary status.
FEATURES OF THE GAME
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-lead CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat...energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
VARIOUS ADDITIONAL MODES
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Project Nimbus - "United by Hope" launch trailer
Project Nimbus is a fun time for those looking to fly around in a giant robot and blow things up, but like the Michael Bay's Transformers movies, it just ends up feeling forgettable as soon as you put the controller down. While Zone of the Enders played very similarly, it did so with more narrative panache. With Daemon X Machina due on Switch in the near-ish future, it might be worth your while waiting a little while longer for your mecha game fix.
Project Nimbus: Complete Edition doesn't break any new ground, and it likely won't keep you playing for too long, either. But what it does offer is some incredibly fun, fast-paced combat with a varied set of mechs to pilot, and an enjoyable but corny plot like something out of a mid-tier anime.