Top Critic Average
Genres: Adventure, Platformer
Overcome deadly enemies and learn new abilities for your heroes. Explore the world, find its hidden treasures and upgrade your weapons to defeat Doctor Omega and his evil henchmen.
• Explore a vast interconnected world with seven unique areas
• Three playable heroes who each have their own special abilities
• Swap your heroes at any time to take advantage of their skills
• Search for hidden treasures and purchase weapon upgrades
• 12 bosses and over 45 different types of enemy
• Soundtrack by Ken Snyder (aka Coda) of Scarlet Moon Productions
Omega Strike Release Trailer
Omega Strike - Teaser
Omega Strike Trailer
Omega Strike is a fun and enjoyable little 2D Metroidvania with some side-scrolling shooter sensibilities. It doesn't do anything particularly new or interesting – and its ‘unique' character-swapping concept was done a lot better by Broforce – but if you're looking for a modern tribute to Metal Slug that's fun and challenging in a very familiar way, then Omega Strike is likely to scratch that common itch. Just keep those expectations in check as this isn't the most original or exciting example the genre has to offer.
In the end, developer Woblyware has created a casual and enjoyable Metroidvania game in Omega Strike. My only complaint was that it was over a bit too soon for my taste, but I guess that's a good sign of a great game. Fans of the genre should definitely play this one, since Doctor Omega needs to be stopped and you have a right to have a lot of fun!