Super Treasure Arena
Top Critic Average
Publisher: Headup Games
- 6 thrilling, fantasy-themed maps!
- 5 playable characters: Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Mystic, and Ninja - each with their own special ability!
- 2 action-packed game modes!
- Supports TV mode, Tabletop mode, and Handheld mode!
ENTER THE ARENA
Choose a character and battle it out on tight top-down maps, filled with angry monsters and shiny loot. Various weapons scattered across each map can be picked up and will help you blasting away your opponents, including bows, magic staffs, bombs, rockets and more!
- Classic - Collect coins from monsters and treasure chests, and beat them right back out of your opponents!
- Treasure Run - Stay alive while carrying loot-filled treasure chests back to your home base!
Super Treasure Arena - Switch Announcement Trailer (ESRB)
Super Treasure Arena - Gameplay Trailer
Super Treasure Arena is very simple on what it offers and it allows for some fun, especially if some friends are thrown in the mix. The problem is the game becomes repetitive too quickly and the lack of content makes it an experience that fades away without any memorable moments, and its unsuitable controls don't help it either.
Review in Portuguese | Read full review
Super Treasure Arena has all the elements of a great arena shooter: fast and tight gameplay, intuitive controls, and clear objectives and challenges. To make this a worthwhile download though, it absolutely needs to be an online experience. It works locally because of how solid the overall experience is, but that should be a secondary option, not the primary way to play.