Top Critic Average
Developer: Bonfire Games
Play as the two astrobots, who after being stranded and separated from their ship, must traverse the subterranean caves of the ruined planet, overcoming its many perils in the process.
In Pitfall Planet, you and your friend are equipped with the latest and greatest in astro-mining technology.
Players can use their grappling hooks to pick up objects (including each other!) and throw them over gaps or cliffs.
To collect all the ore in each level, you'll learn to master the art of teamwork!
With the help of your buddy, activate otherwise unreachable buttons and levers, navigate to higher areas using crates, hop across sections with bouncy pads and overcome rockets, tanks, and more!
As if hours of challenging puzzle-based gameplay is not enough, players can then spend their gems upgrading the two protagonists with a range of fancy headwear to make them the best-dressed robots on the planet, perhaps even the galaxy.
- Play with a friend through a variety of levels with intriguing puzzles and dangerous enemies...
- ...or adventure on your own controlling both astrobots for a real challenge!
- Gorgeous graphics bring the astrobots and the vibrant planet to life.
- Explore a mysterious overworld to discover caverns and secrets.
- Find hidden gems in every level, which can be used to unlock fancy hats!
- Mesmerizing instrumental ambient music
- Throw your friends into pits of lava!
- Do it again! Don't worry, they'll be just fine.
Pitfall Planet - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch
I loved my time with Pitfall Planet, but felt that the experience was a tad short as I neared the 100% completion mark after only 6 hours. The difficulty of levels climbed slowly but steadily over that time period and I felt a few more hours with the ever increasingly complex levels would have been nice. However, that shouldn't detract from what is presented in the package as it is a tightly designed cooperative puzzler that can compete with the best in the genre.