Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Top Critic Average
Developers: THQ Nordic, Humagade, Eurocom
Genres: Action, Adventure
- Use Sphinx and his increasing array of skills to face deadly mythical monsters while avoiding perilous traps with acrobatic ease. Weaken enemies and use capture beetles to store and unleash their abilities at will.
- Take control the Mummy when strength & combat skills aren't needed — use the Mummy's stealth and unconventional antics to avoid enemies, solve puzzles and sabotage right under the enemy's nose.
- Interact with hundreds of unique and imaginative creatures, enemies and allies.
- Fantastic graphics bring this mythical world based on Egyptian legends to life.
- Totally immersive storyline and epic gameplay.
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Gameplay (PC)
It puts an interesting game-ified twist on Egyptian mythology and shows how far influence can take a project, as there are multiple prominent moments where the game is clearly trying to emulate the feel and pacing of a Zelda title. But in a time where remasters and remakes are a dime a dozen, THQ Nordic may want to put a little more effort into their IPs next time around.
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy brings forth a gameplay that features combat and puzzle-solving in an Ancient Egypt background and with lots of humor all around, especially from a protagonist who's supposed to be dead. As an example of a good port from a previous generation, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is an enjoyable experience that can easily find its place with nearly everyone.
Review in Portuguese | Read full review