Unexplored: Unlocked Edition
Top Critic Average
Genres: Adventure, RPG
Explore dangerous dungeons, forge magical items, solve mysterious puzzles and battle hundreds of foes.
Unexplored: Unlocked Edition includes the main game and its three DLC packs: Mithril Run, Ripley Run, and The Dark Ritual.
- Explore the ever-changing Dungeon of Doom – no two runs the same
- Intense melee combat – fight against goblins, trolls, skeletons, wyrms and many more creatures and bosses
- Stealth mechanics – dungeon-crawl like a real rogue!
- Real emergent gameplay with many tactical options
- Challenging, generated puzzles await on every new run
- 7 distinctive character classes to unlock and master
- Adaptive, original soundtrack complements the action
Unexplored: Unlocked Edition | Release Date Trailer | PS4, Xbox One
Unexplored: Unlocked Edition | Survival Guide
Unexplored: Unlocked Edition | Trailer | PS4, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch
While UnExplored leaves a lot to be desired in the way of graphics, it has its own charm in its aesthetic which is backed up by the bitchin music that follows you on your dives. Even in its shortcomings, I found UnExplored to be redeemable and the amount of angry, annoying, pleasurable fun was worth far more than any downsides.
The unfulfilling combat further weakens the game. The positives of giving players access to many different game modes, including a hefty amount of content, and providing really cool music makes Unexplored an overall average title. It's still fun to explore, but the game's lack of flair inhibits the desire to try another round, and the gameplay alone isn't enough to sell it.