Top Critic Average
Developer: Ludeon Studios
FACE FIVE TYPES OF OPPONENTS:
- Yakuza Guy - a common mafia pawn;
- Tank - this is the only villain that will require more than just one katana slash to die;
- Shooter - a sharpshooter with cybernetic enhancements. Pro tip: they never miss;
- Cyber Ninja - a warrior who abdicated his body to become a killing machine. His dash attacks are deadly and his defense seems impenetrable. Remember however that everybody has their weak point;
- The Boss - Katsuro, your Nemesis who evolves, gets stronger and more dangerous according to the number of times he gets killed.
COMPLETE MISSIONS TO UNLOCK NEW GUNS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Different pistols;
- Katanas, each with their own unique unique abilities;
- Gadgets that grant small but significant improvements in combat;
- Boots that change the dash and the way you move on the screen.
MAKE A GOOD USE OF YOUR SPECIAL SAMURAI SKILLS:
- Dragon Slash - dash forward killing every enemy on your way;
- Dragon Slayer - kill all enemies on the screen.
AKANE - Trailer
Akane is a sleek, stylish arena fighter that feels right at home on the Nintendo Switch. The simplicity of its premise and the stylish presentation are equally matched by its fun one-more-go gameplay. Akane is a game that does one thing and does it exceptionally well; its biggest flaw is that there simply isn't enough of it. Give me more damn it!
Akane always ends in violence, bloodshed and the death of the titular hero. It's the journey towards that inevitable conclusion, that makes this retro-styled experience one of the finest examples of its genre as it deftly weaves a subtle strategy with some of the tightest action on the market today.