The Forbidden Arts
Top Critic Average
Developer: Stingbot Games
Genres: Action, Adventure
- 5 Worlds with multiple levels
- 6 Boss Fights
- 30+ different enemies
- 12+ hours of gameplay
- High quality hand-painted art style
- Channel your pyromancer flame to cast devastating spells upon enemies and bosses, protect yourself from harm and manipulate the environment.
- Explore massive worlds with the ability to save your progress nearly anywhere and any time. You will alternate between 2d gameplay while in dungeons and 3d gameplay while exploring the world map.
- Test your agility as you scale walls, jump gaps, climb vines and maneuver through several distinct environments filled with obstacles and challenges.
- Progress through a captivating storyline following a young man who seeks the truth about himself and finds a grand adventure of ancient magic.
- Embark on quests from friendly NPCs and solve puzzles you encounter along the way.
- Discover long-forgotten secret items and locations, and unlock abilities.
The time has come to summon your inner fire and prove to the world you have what it takes to be called a pyromancer. Play The Forbidden Arts today.
The Forbidden Arts - Full Release Announcement Trailer
The Forbidden Arts - Steam Early Access Trailer (March 2018)
The Forbidden Arts - 2017 Trailer
The Forbidden Arts feels like a game from the early GameCube era, but not a particularly good one. Whilst the dungeons are vast and varied, and the platforming mechanics competent enough, the combat really brings the whole experience to its knees thanks to poor enemy AI and half baked elemental mechanics that make the entire experience feel very repetitive. Add to that the lacklustre graphics and empty overworld, and this is a game that only the most ardent of fantasy enthusiasts will enjoy.
The Forbidden Arts had a lot of potentials to be a good platformer but because of many technical issues in different parts and aspects of the game, it is far from being good. There are very annoying issues in gameplay like sloping down from flat surfaces that could simply irritate anyone after some time and there are also some parts in the game that seem very incomplete and redundant. There are other issues in terms of sound and technical aspect of graphics. The game has a good overall level design and the artistic aspect of graphics is also very good with a beautiful style, but unfortunately, these are not enough to make this game a good choice to play, because technical issues affected every elements if the game.
Review in Persian | Read full review