DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - Episode 1
Top Critic Average
Developer: Digital Domain
In DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles, the fate of Voltron and the Universe rests in your hands!
• Based on the hit Netflix TV series, DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles features a brand new story set in the Voltron: Legendary Defender Universe
• Dynamic virtual reality storytelling techniques provide a new way for users to experience Voltron
• Beautifully rendered environments and characters instantly transport you into the bright colored, animated visual style
• Immersive, interactive moments will demand that you take control of the Blue Paladin, Lance!
• Take part in interactive missions where you’ll pilot the Blue Lion. Use advanced technology to battle Zarkon and his Galra empire forces
• Encounter highly engaging puzzles that serve to push the narrative forward
DREAMWORKS VOLTRON VR CHRONICLES | Official Teaser
The graphics and voice acting totally put you into the world of the show, and even offers some decent gameplay, if you're new to VR. For non-fans and VR veterans there's simply not enough here to warrant a full recommendation. You'll get a fun hour or so out of the game, but it's not offering much new outside of being set in the Voltron universe.
It would have been very easy for Digital Domain to make a low-effort Voltron knockoff, but instead Voltron VR Chronicles feels like a small slice of the show brought to life. While it is a little short, and the interactivity is somewhat basic, if you are a fan, this game is a must have. Next time, just let us form Voltron and give us sword and shield VR controls to take out the next episode's Robeast!
Voltron VR Chronicles is an amazingly immersive way to jump into a Saturday morning cartoon, something I've only dreamed of my entire life. It's not going to provide an engaging gameplay experience for anyone looking for a challenge, but it's an innovative new way to participate in the action of a popular animated series. If they can clear up confusion about the episodic nature of the experience—not just through press releases, but in game as well—that would go a long way towards providing incentive for fans of Voltron and newcomers alike to keep an eye on DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles as future additions are announced.