Anima Gate of Memories: The Nameless Chronicles
Top Critic Average
Developer: Anima Project
Publisher: BadLand Publishing
Genres: Action, RPG
When a shadow of his past rises again, he will be forced to take part in a conflict in which the very existence is in question.
But... Will he be our last hope, or our doom?
The Nameless Chronicles is the second videogame set in the world of Gaia, from the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG table-top books. You will enjoy a deep and multifaceted story where your choices directly impact the journey and decide your fate.
• Use the Hand of Tanathos, a unique action system that allows The Nameless to improve any attack becoming temporarily one with the Death.
• Customize your character playstyle each time you level up with a vast set of unique skills developing them as in a traditional RPG.
• A great story full of memorable characters.
• Epic battles with formidable opponents. Challenge legendary enemies, each with their own special features.
• Equip yourself with dozens of unique weapons and artifacts.
• A huge world. You can move with freedom, allowing you to retrace your steps and unlock access to previously inaccessible places."
Anima The Nameless Chronicles - Launch Trailer
Anima Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles - Reveal
Like the previous Anima title, I think this will go under most people's radar which is a shame. They are a neat series, and with the low price point of $20 I really can't suggest these game enough. It's important to note that both Anima titles are available on Switch as well, so Switch players don't miss any part of the series. Can't wait to see what's next from this series.
A massive improvement over the previous title, this ARPG doubles down on the strengths of its predecessor, namely story and setting. However, like the former, the action in Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles is in many ways lacking due to its repetitive nature, bad platforming, and occasionally atrocious camera angles. Despite these harsh words, it is an overall solid dark RPG that should be played mostly for the story.