State of Mind
Top Critic Average
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment GmbH
Genres: Adventure, RPG
Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.
Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
What will the world look like after this storm, what will remain of humanity?
· Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future
· Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
· Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
· Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
· Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
· Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard's past
State of Mind - Story Trailer 2018
State of Mind - Teaser Trailer 2018 [EN]
State of Mind - Announcement Teaser
State of mind is a science fiction adventure based upon the idea of transhumanism that forces us to reflect on it, also due to its narrative-oriented content. With this game Daedalic aimed for a first contact with a new gameplay but without casting away the thing that they love the most, which is telling stories.
Review in Spanish | Read full review
State of Mind offers few thrills among its twists and turns, yet the world it constructs feels worthy of investigation. It's a shame, then, that you're not free to explore it more. In fact, you're an observer for much of the tale, but thanks to some bold ideas, the game is compelling enough to hold your attention even if it isn't always as dazzling as you'd hope.