Lapis x Labyrinth
Top Critic Average
Publisher: NIS America
Genres: Action, Platformer
When a struggling village falls on hard times and is desperate need of wealth, there's only one solution: gather your comrades, venture into the Labyrinth below the Golden Forest, and claim the piles of gold and treasures hidden within. You will need all your courage and wits to survive the dangers ahead, but the treasures that await you are well worth it. Customize your team with over 4,000 unique combinations, then use the creative stacking mechanic to perform synchronized attacks. When you've racked up enough destruction, unleash the explosive power of Fever Mode to really make the cash flow. With 8 different character classes, engaging monster encounters, and stylish, over-the-top visuals, this adventure has everything you need to make it rain.
LIMITED EDITION XL
Dive deep into the action-packed dungeons of Lapis x Labyrinth. Bop your head to the tunes of the “Dango Beats” official soundtrack and learn more about the world from the “My Labyrinth Photo Album” hardcover art book. Display your treasures with the Lapis x Labyrinth poster and the ""Mayor's Special Feast"" and ""Dango Delights"" mini art prints. The LxLxLE is all contained in a collectible box.
NOTE: All items will be BUNDLED with game at launch. There is no need to order them separately."
- The Power of Dango - Select between 8 unique character classes to build your party, from the mighty Destroyer to the swift Hunter. Stack up to 4 characters and swap between them to unleash different attacks, or make a united assault against your enemies!
- FEVER TIME - Rack up the points and stack up the riches by unleashing Fever Mode. Defeat enough enemies to activate a special mode that rains pain upon your foes and showers you with tons of loot. This contributes to your score at the end of each level, which results in even MORE rewards! Huzzah!
- What's Reward Without Risk? Powerful fiends and hordes of ferocious creatures stand between you and the treasure. With over 100 different monsters lurking within the labyrinth, you'll have your work cut out for you!
- Enjoy English text and original Japanese voices.
- Nintendo Switch Limited Edition XL includes SWITCH Game, art book, soundtrack, poster, mini art print, collector's box.
Lapis x Labyrinth - Steps to Success | PS4
Lapis x Labyrinth - Announcement Trailer | PS4
Adorable chibi characters stacked on top of each other like Japanese dango? Fast-paced, old-school 2D action with buttery animation and colorful visuals? Sign me up! Lapis x Labyrinth is a charming dungeon crawler that combines loot-based action with modern hand-drawn visuals that old-school gamers will appreciate. While the story feels tacked on and the grind can wear you down if the RNG gods decide not to smile upon you, Lapis x Labyrinth still checks off a lot of boxes that fans of hectic side-scrolling action appreciate. Check it out if you’re itching for some 2D looting action.
Nippon Ichi Software has hit a great formula that avoids the worst excesses of repetition or frustration. An addictive mix of 2D exploration and combat, Lapis x Labyrinth is a cavalcade of colour and complex systems that doesn't outstay its welcome through a sizeable 20-hour campaign.
This is a game where I could plug a few minutes in, try to make some kind of progress, and gain experience either way. There may not be a ton of complexity to be had, but what it offers is plenty of variety, fast-paced action, and a desire to push forward. While the labyrinth is full of dangers, the rewards can be great.