Project CARS: Game of the Year Edition
Top Critic Average
Developer: Slightly Mad Studios
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Genres: Simulation, Racing
- An additional 50+ cars (125 total)
- 4 tracks (35 unique locations, 100+ layouts total)
- 60+ community-created liveries
- 500+ features and improvements that have been added since launch
In addition, the Game Of The Year Edition will feature two distinctive and exclusive items:
- The iconic Nurburgring Combined Nordschieife + GP circuit
- Two Project CARS exclusive vehicles from Pagani – the Zonda Revolucion and Huayra BC unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show
Project CARS - Game of the Year Edition Trailer
Project CARS Game of the Year Edition has tons going for it. It still looks impressive, has an ample amount of cars and tracks to choose from, and a wealth of customization options that will make your head spin. Despite any real guidance for players new to the game, once you get accustomed to how the cars and AI treat you, there’s a tremendous amount of depth for those with enough time and patience to discover it. If you’re new to the game, you might check it out and keep an eye out for patches and updates that improve stability. If you’ve played the original I’d say skip this one and wait for Project CARS 2.
Slightly Mad Studios gave Project CARS the face lift it needed with over 500 improvements and bug fixes, a new fleet of vehicles and new locations to choose from. The learning curve is still quite steep and not all of the problems are ironed out, but this is a much better title and will provide both beginners and veterans with a new challenge and level of enjoyment that should last for many hours on end.