Top Critic Average
Publisher: Muro Studios
- A completely new take on platformer games
- 36 hand-crafted levels filled with action, exploration and puzzles
- Unique core mechanic: move by attacking enemies
- Breathtaking soundscape with an epic soundtrack and immersive sound effects
- Leaderboards for speedrunning levels
- Mesmerising art with picturesque parallax backgrounds and mystical silhouettes
- Six memorable boss fights
Shadow Bug Rush
Shadow Bug is a welcome breath of fresh air in a stuffy virtual space that's up to the ceiling with 2D platformers. Experiencing the title with detached Joy-Cons on the big screen, as opposed to utilising the touchscreen; you'll be cheerfully surprised by its unique art style and play method. Slicing your way to the end boss won't take more than a couple of hours for some, but for those wanting to beat global high scores and to collect all three shurikens per level will, beyond a shadow of a doubt, get more bang for their buck.
Shadow Bug is a great looking and fun platformer that stands out from the crowd with its "you can't jump in this one" gameplay mechanic. There's plenty to do in this one, and the challenge will increase at a steady pace as you complete the 36 stages in the game. The game is available for only $8.99, so hopefully you can give it a try.