Death end re;Quest
Top Critic Average
Developer: IDEA Factory
Preorder your copy to get these EXCLUSIVE bonus DLC weapons:
• Lily's Atomic Spray
• Clea's Mach Raid
• Celica's Venus Blade"
- Jump between reality and in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in the real world to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey, and switch to an in-game view mode to battle against glitched-out monters. Your decision can change the game's ending.
- In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely & duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game's genre from a first-person shooter to a fighter game.
- While exploring, players will need to activate character-specific dungeons skills to access hard-to-reach areas and hidden treasures.
- In this hyper-realistic game world, players must help Shina escape a game universe filled with infected bosses and mesmerizing environments.
- Enjoy original Japanese and English voices and English subtitles.
Death End Re;Quest Official Announcement Trailer
With it's disquieting atmosphere and horror-fueled setting, Death end re;Quest is one of Compile Heart's most intriguing titles to date. However, much like other entries under the Galapagos RPG brand, it occasionally feels like the core gameplay plays second fiddle to everything else.
Death end re;Quest is far from perfect, with pacing and creative choices dragging things down. However, a simplistic, yet appealing combat and well-delivered character-based narrative make this a journey RPG fans can sink their teeth into. It may not be for everyone, but it has merit.
Death end re:Quest is not for everyone. Many people will be made uncomfortable by its moe aesthetic. However, if you have similar experience with games such as Danganronpa, Doki Doki Literature Club, or anime such as Magical Girl Site, Made in Abyss, or No Game No Life, then you will not only be able to tolerate Death end re;Quests aesthetic, you might even enjoy it, and that leaves you free to experience the incredibly ambitious and innovative game underneath.