Top Critic Average
Developer: Sirlin Games
Genres: Fighting, Action
IF YOU’RE NEW TO FIGHTING GAMES
Designed to work great on keyboard, no need for a special controller. We’ve streamlined the genre to get you to the fun decision-making part as soon as possible. All moves are just a single button press, combos are easy, move lists are concise. We’ve cut the chaff to focus on the heart of the genre so we can show you why fighting games are awesome.
IF YOU’RE A VETERAN
This game is designed by an ex-Street Fighter dev and hardcore player for play in tournaments. Mixups, rushdown, zoning, and the grapplers seeming too powerful on day 1. It’s got all that. And you can play it with pretty much anyone in the fighting game community, no matter what other fighting game they play, because you can all reach basic competency in Fantasy Strike in minutes and start playing for real. Plus you can play with a joystick, gamepad, Guitar Hero controller, or whatever else you want.
- Excellent online play. We are not aware of better networking tech in any other fighting game, and we're sorry about how that sounds. Custom implementation of GGPO networking technology.
- One-click challenges, one-click spectating. To play a friend, go to your in-game friends list and click on the crossed swords by any name to challenge them. Or click on the eyeball to watch them play. That’s it!
- Online quick match. Just pick a character, click ready, and you're playing online.
- Arcade mode. With illustrated, voiced story intros and endings.
- Survival modes. How long can you last in these four sub-modes? Each is a rapid-fire series of opponents with no loading times between them. Opponents get stronger as you go and include Shadow Bosses.
- Daily Challenge. An endless survival mode that you can only play ONCE per day.
See how you do compared everyone else that day.
- Practice mode. Includes dynamic frame data and frame-step features.
- Local versus. Play standard 1v1 and also 3v3 team battle (each player picks 3 characters and plays a special best 3 out of 5 series).
- Tutorial. A quick, 5-minute tutorial teaches you the basics of how the game works.
- Spotlight Videos. Every character has their own spotlight video, a narrated tour by game director David Sirlin. Each video goes though that character's moves and what their general gameplan and strategy is about.
- Unique throw escape. To escape (normal) throws, simply let go of all your controls! You'll automatically "yomi" counter any throw attempt.
- Simple controls. All moves are done with a single button press so you can play with any controller.
Fantasy Strike - Cinematic Trailer | PS4
Fantasy Strike - Gameplay Trailer | PS4
Fantasy Strike isn’t going to blow anyone away aesthetically and its arcade mode is a little barebones. However, in terms of gameplay, it absolutely achieves what it sets out to, offering fun and accessible fighting action to newcomers whilst at the same time possessing enough technical depth in its roster of characters to keep more seasoned fighters interested.