Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure
Top Critic Average
Developer: Stuck In Attic
Detective Don R. Ketype is on the case to retrieve the mysterious evil tome, but unsuspecting librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a walking, talking abomination. Being humanized? Quite a downgrade.
Gibbous is a comedy cosmic horror game - a modern adventure that is classically inspired, features gorgeous HD art, detailed traditional animation, and a lengthy story that will see the three protagonists travel around the world and deal with abominations both cosmic and human-made, voodoo, and Things That Should Not Be. From Lovecraft Country to Transylvania, set off on a quest to get a very cynical cat to stop talking.
• Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature;
• Fluid traditional 2d animation with a Disney-esque look and feel;
• Two protagonists and a talking ca--- Okay, three. Three protagonists;
• Upwards of 70 fully voiced, crazy characters;
• Special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher;
• Contains most genuine Transylvanian accent in games and media, like, ever;
• Over 4 hours of lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments;
• A lengthy cinematic story that spans continents and more;
• Moment to moment humor, darker arching plot;
• Dynamic lighting, real time reflections and weather system;
• Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck;
• Fully animated cartoon cutscenes that punctuate important story beats;
• Over 12,000 voiced dialogue lines;
• Custom voiced responses for all the crazy combinations you can think of;
• Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace;
• No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names;
• Did we mention the talking cat?
Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Launch Date Reveal Trailer
Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Official Trailer
Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Teaser
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure is a quality title which offers engaging story, wonderful visual design, and most importantly remains loyal to its source. Obviously some issues and problems are here and there that might hurt the experience a little especially for hardcore adventure fans, but overally I would definitely recommend it.
Review in Persian | Read full review