Island Time VR
Top Critic Average
Developers: Flight School Studio, Project Flight School, Inc.
– Survive… Until You Die
– Play standing In A Room-scale VR Experience
– Craft tools, like a spear, from the island’s resources
– Use your tools to catch fish, defend yourself… and do stuff, like, not die
– Befriend (or not) the island’s wildlife including sharks and pesky seagulls
– Foster a lifelong friendship with a crab. And, by lifelong, we mean a week at the most?
Five Ways You Will Die In In Island Time VR
Island Time VR - Gameplay Trailer - PSVR, Oculus, Vive, Steam VR
Island Time VR is an enjoyable and inoffensive little diversion that I spent a few fun hours with. That said, I have a hard time recommending Island Time to anyone that isn't spending an afternoon giggling with buddies. This is the sort of game that is fun to demo VR on a rainy day, providing entertainment while watching someone flail around. But unfortunately, there just isn't enough gameplay present on this tiny island to engage an experienced VR player for more than a couple of short sessions.
Island Time VR's best attributes – the visuals and the voice acting – are unfortunately overshadowed by some very major flaws in repetitive gameplay, a very short running-time, and game-breaking bugs. If you are looking for a new friend, Carl the Crab will certainly suffice, but if you're looking for a top-notch VR survival title, we'd suggest you swimming the other way.
Island Time VR is a delightful escape to a remote tropical island, but this isn't LOST. The secrets of this tiny plot of land can be figured out all too quickly, and there's not enough of an element of random chance to retain interest in repeated playthroughs.