Top Critic Average
Publisher: Raw Fury
Because they’re adorable, and because video games.
Uurnog Uurnlimited is a delightfully silly 2D platformer inspired by games like Super Mario Bros. 2, Lyle in Cube Sector, and Dyad. Play single-player or co-op, explore the world through its many mysterious doors, solve puzzles and gather the items and animals needed in your Save Room. Careful though — the Save Room also saves your mistakes (urr nurr!)
What else does it have, you ask? Chaotic neutral NPCs that can mess with your game! Algorithmic music that adapts to the gameplay!
It's uurnbelievable! It's uurnexplainable! It's Uurnog Uurnlimited!
• CLASSIC 2D PUZZLE PLATFORMER: Solve puzzles and collect animals, then bring them back to your Save Room.
• CHALLENGING BOSS FIGHTS: Survive long enough and you may even meet the Uurnog!
• SWEET ALGORITHMIC MUSIC: Adapts the melody, tempo, key, and more to the gameplay.
• PLAY SOLO OR SHARED SCREEN CO-OP: Real talk: everything is better when you’re playing with a friend as an adorable puppy, right?
• MULTIPLE ENDINGS: Shhhh. I hear there may even be some secrets to discover… ;)
Uurnog Uurnlimited Announce Trailer
The game's puzzles give the player enough freedom to approach them in their own way, granting an enormous degree of freedom that makes this a game which requires an outside the box approach, one which makes this a unique and recommended experience to all.
Review in Portuguese | Read full review
Uurnog Uurnlimited is a Nifflas game through and through, but unless you're a diehard fan of his puzzle design philosophy, this isn't a game which will win you over. So many times in play, I felt like the developer was assuming I was going to think the same way that he would – and maybe that would be true for fans of his other games, but for players expecting a more traditional platformer experience every design choice here will be infuriating.