The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
Top Critic Average
Developers: Nicalis, Edmund McMillen
Genres: Roguelike, Action
The Binding of Isaac is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.
The latest expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth features:
- 55+ new items
- New final chapter with boss and ending
- New playable character
- Greed hard mode
- Daily greed runs
- 5 new challenges
- Loads of new achievements
- New bosses and other little editions
- PLUS DEV TOOLS! so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design..
- 100s of new rooms! ( tons of new ultra rare rooms )
- new victory lap feature! (allows the game to continue when finished)
- Bestiary! (enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
- 2 new transformations!
- Small monthly content updates! ( every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges? who knows…)
- 4+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
- New enemies, features and new champion forms!
- New cut scenes and music tracks!
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Release Date Trailer
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ adds more of what we loved about the original and keeps the formula fresh. It's a tough game, but one that balances challenge with a refreshing feeling of the unexpected. The unpredictable items and varied enemies make it one of the most wacky and replayable games I've ever experienced.
As for me, I know I’ll be returning to this for a long time to come. I still occasionally boot up the original Flash game and I’ve put more hours into Rebirth between the PC version and the PS4 version than I’m proud to admit. The finale of the whole saga may not be so cut and dry, but Isaac has never had an easy life. The poor kid is still crying, six years after his introduction to the world.