Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions
Top Critic Average
Thousands of players are heralding the new era – the Age of Sigmar, in this epic Warhammer Trading Card Game born from magic and fantasy.
Deploy units and unleash deadly magical abilities, while completing quests to earn blessings from the gods. Only the mightiest of warriors will stand victorious in this battle for the Mortal Realms, spanning both physical and digital worlds.
Where does your allegiance lie? Start your mighty quest today!
- DISCOVER the WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR universe
- CHOOSE your allegiance from the GRAND ALLIANCES
- COMMAND legendary Champions that form the backbone of your army.
- FAST, TACTICAL GAMEPLAY – easy to play, takes skill to master.
- CARDS with unique rotating mechanics: for damage over-time effects.
- COMPLETE quests to unlock powerful blessings.
- BATTLE your opponents in an epic duel of strategy and skill.
- BUILD YOUR OWN MIGHTY DECK of cards to prove your might.
- PLAY with digital cards or scan* physical cards into your digital collection to level-up and play them digitally for free!
Are you ready to choose your allegiance?
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions - Realm Trials
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions - Savagery is Out Now!
Onslaught Cinematic Trailer - Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions has a lot of great ideas. Combine this with the rich and deep Warhammer universe and you have the makings of a great card game that’s different and unique enough to stand out against the two big behemoths that are Magic the Gathering and Pokémon.
Overall, Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions is not your typical card game. It adds some simple rotation changes that end up adding a thick layer of strategy to the entire gameplay design. All of this sits on top of neat and well thought through card designs and is driven by a solid difficulty arc that forces you to learn the ins/outs of the gameplay.
Given that it is a free-to-play title, I'm genuinely surprised and actually delighted by the polished feel of the title. There are several available modes (requiring a constant internet connection), an active community to play against, and ways to get by without having to pay for anything out of pocket. Considering there are some pay-to-play titles can really put the onus on gamers almost requiring buying something from the developer, overall it's a nice change of pace, making Age of Sigmar: Champions a solid title.